Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on the Thistly Cross website and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some third parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with third parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring Our Visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Facebook, Twitter and Other Social Networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons.
We embed code that they provide which we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
If You Sign Up For A Service
When you sign up for any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
We will also collect and store information about your use of our services so as to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features are being used at any time.
We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications when a report is completed). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
We use a variety of payment providers to bill for our products online. These companies will have access to your personal and payment information. When paying by credit card, Thistly Cross Cider does not ever have any access to your credit card details. We do not store any of our customers’ financial details.
The third party we use to process credit and debit card payments is PayPal.
We share information with this company only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
Thistly Cross Cider takes many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
- Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Thistly Cross Cider will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this Policy