During the chillier months, one of our favourite activities is waiting for the bed to warm up.
There’s nothing finer than cracking the ice on the duvet and slipping between the sheets…that’s the benefits of these tumbled down, Scottish farmhouses.
And for those who are enlightened to the joys of central heating but still looking for a warming pick-me-up, there’s mulled Thistly!
Put your own seasonal spin on things to make Thistly Cross your own
Equipped with a soup pan or your own Thistly Cross Cider kettle if you’re a business (provided by us!) it’s now possible to create your very own aromatic mulled cider blends; perfect for celebrating dark evenings and open fires.
Simply add a few handfuls of fresh spice – from cinnamon to cardamom, crystallised ginger to cloves – to a gently warmed kettle of Thistly and you can conjure your very own autumnal creations that are completely unique to you.
So whether you’re playing with boozy Whisky Cask, full bodied Original, fiery Ginger, non-alcoholic Elderflower or even straight apple juice, now’s the time to get blending.
‘Tis the season to get blending
If you’re a café, pub or restaurant and fancy giving mulled cider a bash, then you should get your mitts on a Thistly Cross Cider kettle! Our cider kettles are in limited supply so please get in touch today to ensure your cockles are warmed over winter.
In the meantime, here’s one of our favourite mulled cider blends to get you started:
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 clementine, sliced into wedges, spiked with 8 cloves
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges, spiked with 8 cloves
- 100ml/4fl oz whiskey
- 100ml/4fl oz orange liqueur
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 1 litre/1 pint 15¼fl oz Thistly Cross ginger cider
- 4 cinnamon stick
- freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish
- Heat all of the mulled cider ingredients over a low heat in your cider kettle.
- Pour the mulled cider into a glass or mug.
- Finish with a little freshly grated nutmeg.